Monday, October 02, 2006

My programming life

There are two things bother me about my programming life.

  1. When I start writing code in the night, I cannot stop writing until seeing the morning sun.
  2. There are some nights when many interesting ideas about programing come up to my mind in the bed. Then it becomes difficult for me to sleep unless I start writing code.

They are the reasons why I am always sleepy. So I have made up mind to follow my two rules:

  1. write code in the early morning, say, 4 am
  2. not think about programming before going to bed

Though my notebook has been filled with sketches and code fragments of OyajiMapper, I would like to follow the above rules. So I will close my notebook PC right now.

Good night.

2 comments:

Esa said...

I have the same problem. Absolutely equal. Thanks for those two rules.

How do you ever manage to go to work if you start writing code at 4am ?

Tasuke said...

Esa, thanks for the comment.

You ask me an absolutely good question. It is the biggest problem when I start programming early in the morning. Because the time I have to leave home is when my programming engine works at its best speed. My honestest answer to your question, "how do you ever manage" is "I cann't". But I will say to myself, I need money to live with. After all I leave home and go to my office.